LET'S TALK ABOUT WIGS
1. Make sure to inspect your wig before putting it on.
2. Your natural hair should be secured.
You can create a flat surface on your own hair by braiding your hair in plaits or cornrows. And if you happen to have short hair try wrapping it and placing a wig cap over it. You should make sure that all of your hair is secured before you apply a skin protectant..
3. The proper adhesive is vital.
There are glues made solely for holding lace front wigs in place, but not all of these are adequate or worth your money. A few things to keep in mind when purchasing adhesives:
* Make sure you are not allergic to the adhesive by doing a patch test every time you try a new glue.
* If you plan on wearing your wig for only a couple of days try using double-sided wig tape.
* If you are planning on going into any water you will need waterproof glue.
* Check the reviews for the adhesive that you’re going to purchase, if other people love it, chances you will too.
4. Do not forget to care for your natural hair.
If you plan on wearing your wig long-term you will need a routine of care for your natural hair or you may experience dryness, breakage and hair loss. Make sure to take off your wig every week or so to cleanse your hair and scalp.
5. Gentle removal.
Removing your wig is just as important as when you put it on. Make sure to use a dedicated adhesive remover for lace front wigs. You should apply enough to soften the glue and carefully take the wig off. If resistance is felt apply more remover and wait for a few minutes.
Lace front wigs do have an expiration date. And the maximum time you can wear a lace front depends upon the glue used. Some adhesive types are made for short-term use and only last around a week. After six weeks is up the wig should be removed to give your hair the cleansing deep conditioning and moisturizing it needs.
Do not expect the wig to last forever.
The lace front wig is temporary and you should not become overly reliant on them. Wigs are an accessory and your hair is a part of you. Be sure to give time and attention to your natural tresses, and your lace front wig will always be an enhancement not a replacement.